Thursday, July 5, 2012

the 4th

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July yesterday!

Here's a little recap of what Mr. GrapeJuice and I did with the family...

1. We tried to soak watermelon with tequila. It didn't work the way it was supposed to, but I think that it was user error on my part! ;) So, we ended up slicing up the watermelon and marinating it that way. Then, we mashed it and made skinny 'ritas with it. It was nice and refreshing and not overwhelming at all. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but no one else did. They claimed it had no flavor. Oh well! There was more for me!!!

2. We wore our obligatory red, white, and blue!
{my nails that I did all by myself!}
{my sister and I}
{my sister and my niece}
{mr. grapejuice and I}

3. We ate lots of yummy food and drank cool drinks!!!
 {I made cake cookies}
 {here's a close up!}
 {the cute "boom boom" straws my mom picked up at hobby lobby}
 {rice crispy, blueberry, and strawberry "sparklers" that were too cute to eat}

4. And, last but not least, my "smart" husband set the ground on fire with a firework. Now, I don't know about you guys, but we have been having records temps in middle TN, which obviously means that the grass is dry, brittle, and DEAD. Where my parents live, the rule yesterday day was: "If you burn it, you buy it." Naturally, Mr. GrapeJuice thought it was a great idea to through a lit firework into the grass. Ugh, I could just smack him for not thinking before acting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment