Wednesday, December 26, 2012

WEverb catch up: days 7 - 26

WARNING :: This is very long catch up post for WEverb!

December 7: grow [Was there a book or article that inspired you to make a change in your life this year? What was the source and what did you change?]

Well, I'm sure this has been said time and time again, but I will go ahead and say it too. If E.L. James can write a book and get it published, then so can a lot of other people! I guess I would say that the 50 Shades books taught me that anyone can be a writer, and so, when inspiration hits, I jot down a few things here and there. Maybe one day it'll become a book!

December 8: listen [Do you actively listen to your inner voice/conscience? Describe a time this year you heard and responded to it.]

Oh, my! When have I not listened to my inner voice? I listen to it all day long, and then, at night, it keeps me awake! I'm sure some of you have that problem too. I listened really hard when the school year started, and I'm still listening now. I am trying to figure out where I belong in this world. If you know, please give me a hint!

December 9: create [How were you challenged by a project or goal this year? What did you learn from it?]

I have challenged myself to run a half marathon in February of 2013! I am still working on achieving that goal, and it is definitely a challenge. Each time, I get a run under my belt something happens. I get hurt, I get sick, etc. It's really annoying! I am really hoping that I am able to run this sucker. I mean, it's at Disney World! What more inspiration does a girl need?!

December 10: hope [Did you have to say goodbye to a person, or even a cherished object, this year? Take a moment to celebrate the memory.]

As selfish as it is, I had to say goodbye to my Lexus. I only had it two years, and I was really looking forward to having it for a few more. Alas, on the way to a hair appt that I had already missed once, a chick ran into me at an intersection and totaled my car. I will miss my car and how supremely awesome it was!

December 11: live [Are you richer or poorer this year, compared to last year?]

I think I would say both! I am richer in love, but, because of recent events, we will be poorer in finances come 2013. We had a good financial year and were able to travel to many places, but those days are numbered now. Please keep my husband in your prayers. When this is all over and done with, I will fill you in!

December 12: grow [2012 was the last time for _______________]

2012 was the last time for: having a dirty house. I will keep it clean in 2013, if it's the last thing I do!

December 13: listen [What blog/book/article spoke to you the most in 2012?]

I have been quite inspired by iheartORGANIZING. She has done so many wonderful things in her house that are truly inspiring. I hope that I can do that same for my house to get it ready in time to sell!

December 14: live [Describe the path to a favorite place of yours to walk in 2012. What’s meaningful about the place or the journey?]

I don't take many walks. Actually, I don't take walks at all. I don't live in the "safest" neighborhood. But, I do run, and there's nothing meaningful about where I run. It's a local park and the bridges are graffiti-ed. I guess the coolest thing about the park where I run is the creek that runs alongside it. It reminds me of The Hunger Games, and I love the animals too, especially the "squirbel" that hangs around there. Although, my dad says it's a fox squirrel but that's not fun to say, now is it?!

December 15: grow [What inspirational quote would you associate with this past year for you?]

 ”That which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.”
by Nietzsche

December 16: create [What were you inspired to create/make this year based on something else? (i.e. a pin from pinterest, recipe from a friend, etc.)]

Oh my gosh! I have made so many things this year. I can't even begin to tell you all of them! Here are some pictures though of what I have made for school for my kiddos. I have made other things, but these are a few of my favorites! Comment or email me if you have questions about what I have made.











 
December 17: hope [Write that thank you note that you’ve been meaning to send this year… or would like to send next year…]

Dear Friend, Thank you for a wonderful year. You have made these past few years a wonderful learning experience. I will be sad to go. I hope you understand why I have decided to go in a different direction. I hope we can remain friends. I will always remember what you did for me.

December 18: listen [What have you soaked in this year? (Baths, sun, ideas?) How did it affect your mentality?]

I have soaked in so many sun rays this year. It had the most wonderful effect on my psyche. I am always so relaxed in the sunshine. I wish I could be around the sunshine all the time. I just love to be outside now, especially when it's by a pool!

December 19: live [How did you live actively in 2012? What will you change in 2013?]

That's the sad part; I don't. Don't get me wrong. I totally tried! I just have this nagging inner voice that gets in the way...or, I pull out my phone and get involved in something on it. Ugh, technology, right? However, I do have some wonderful photos!

December 20: grow [What distant memory/time did you find yourself longing for in 2012?]

I longed for college like nobody's business! Golly, wasn't that time simple, and I didn't even realize it. Ugh. What a dummy! I wish I could go back to college just so I could hang out with all my friends instead of working myself to death!

December 21: live [Did you read a book this year that left you craving more when it was over?]

YES! Every book I've ever read leaves me craving more! Most notably, I will devour anything by Lauren Willig. I like a good romance too. Other books series that I crave more of are The Selection and Delirium. I really like to read book series because of the continued story lines!

December 22: create [What did you do to recharge your batteries in 2012?]

What didn't I do? I tried to lounge and veg as much as possible. But I guess I'd say that I lounged by the pool and when that didn't work, I ran. I don't know what it is about running that makes me feel so relaxed and free, but I love it!

December 23: listen [Describe a conversation that you had this year. Why was it memorable?]

My favorite conversation to have is with my husband where we battle over who loves each other more. One of us will say, "I love you." The other will say, "I love you more." Then, we both battle to see who can say, "I love you mostest" the longest.

December 24: hope [How can you bring more joy into your life in 2013?] 

I will bring more joy to my life in 2013 by being grateful for what I have and what I will have. Life is unpredictable, and I have to learn how to cope with that. I have bought a journal from Etsy to help me do this and live in the moment more in 2013.

December 25: give [What was the best gift you gave someone this year?]

I am super proud of the gifts I gave my husband for Christmas! My husband is not a Southerner by any means, but he loves to watch Moonshines on TV. So, I bought him some moonshine because he kept going on and on about wanting to try it but not wanting to spend the money. {Did I mention my husband is a cheapskate??} Also, my husband and I watch HIMYM religiously...now that we've caught up. Naturally, I had to buy my man the BroCode, and he's actually reading it! What a shock! I mean, my husband likes to buy books but that's just because he wants them as decoration for our bookshelves. So, to actually see him reading one is quite a feat! 

December 26: chronicle [Did you have a perfect day this year? Describe it. Would you have changed anything about it?]

A perfect day this year I would have say was one of two types of days. Any day that we go to a wedding is a perfect day because it reminds us of the vows we made to each other. Also, any day where I get to lie out in the sun is a perfect day. It is the perfect way to relax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment