Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Tourist

{warning :: picture heavy post}

Last week, I become a tourist in my own town.

The inlaws came for a visit and wanted to do some touristy things around town.

So, on Friday, we went to The Grand Ole Opry and did the backstage tour. I'd never done it before, and I've lived in the Nashville area since I was 7! I'm not a big country music fan, but I did enjoy getting to go backstage and on stage! I mostly loved going on stage; it's my favorite place to be in the whole world!! {That's another post for another day though.}










After our tour backstage, we went to The Opryland Hotel. This is a place I've been numerous times. The inlaws have visited too, but they saw it right before the Flood of 2010. So, we ventured over there for drinks and dinner. We ate at the Jack Daniel's restaurant, which was soooooo delicious! I had the ham sliders. I can still taste the cheddar biscuits. YUM!!!



Then, on Saturday, we visited The Hermitage, which is the home of President Andrew Jackson. I'd visited here before and "performed" here too. When I was in 4th grade, the school that I attended {and teach at now} partners with the historic home to let the kids be Junior Docents. We got to dress up in period clothes and stand by an appointed spot on the tour. We then told the visitors all about the spot they were at. I think I told people all about the slave quarters. I remember it being a lot of fun!



 



After visiting The Hermitage, we headed over to my parents' place to hang out at the pool. It was a perfect day to chill and enjoy drinks. We had all planned on going downtown but didn't feel like fighting all the CMA Fest traffic. Instead, we hung out at the pool for the rest of the day.


We didn't do much on Sunday. The boys went golfing, and the girls hung out at the house. {My MIL had homework to do.}

It was a great weekend, and I really enjoyed being a tourist in my own town. Do you do that with your friends and family? I'm always reluctant to at first, but I always enjoy it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment