Thursday, January 3, 2013

Our 2013 Motto

Do you have a motto that you live by each new year?
Normally, mine is just to keep living life like I am and keep my head above water.

Well, I'm sick and tired of that!
boo. hiss.

Ever since August, Mr. GrapeJuice and I have been talking about what we want out of life.
I know that I feel stuck right now and that he's not particularly happy either.

He started joking about moving to the beach or the Caribbean after our cruise last March.
I kept brushing him off saying that we could never do that!

But then, I thought to myself...why not?
What's keeping me here?
There's no rule that says you have to stay in one town your whole life.
That's kind of boring.
I want to travel.
I want to go to different places.
I want to be happy!

So, when this past school year started, I came into our beginning of the year retreat completely open to what God had planned for me.
{which also meant that I cried like a baby & my coworkers thought I was nuts}
But, I knew...just knew...that this is not what I am meant to be doing at this time.
I told myself that I wouldn't back down on what I said I was going to do though.
I know I have to push through and finish this school year.
Once it's over though, all bets are off!

So, with my new resolve for the school year, I came upon 2013 with even more determination and some courage too!
I am going to make this the very best year...ever!

I am going to do what makes me happy.
I am going to be proud of myself.
I am going to be a better blogger.
I am going to run a half marathon.
I am going to become fit and healthy.
I am going to love deeply.
I am going to live strong.
I am going to move.
I am going to be organized.
I am going to be honest.
I am going to be a better friend.
I am going celebrate life.
I am going to be me!

...because...

ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN!


That's our motto this year.
What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment