Friday, January 10, 2014

{day ten} Help with Your Heart


How did you volunteer your help last year?
What will you do this year?

source :: devrick @ wordpress

In 2013, I stopped teaching. I could get into a lot of details about it and jump on my soapbox, but I won't. However, I did give a lot of my time while being a teacher. I also worked at a private, religiously-affiliated school, which means that my salary was super tiny. I viewed my time as a teacher there as a service to my community. I gave countless hours to my classroom, the children in it and in the school, and their parents to give them the best positive school experience.

As for 2014, I'm not sure what volunteer work it's going to bring me, but I'm excited to see what it will be. I have a feeling it might involve hours of babysitting my niece once her little brother gets here in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment