Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dinner for Two

A few weeks ago, I decided that I was going to make a three course meal for my husband and I simply because I wanted to do it. There was no rhyme or reason to it. It was a "simply because" meal. I had been working a lot of hours and hadn't had a chance to really make a good, solid dinner so I took it upon myself to do this! And, now, I want to share with you what I made. =]

For our appetizer, I made pork and green onion dumplings. I found the recipe on Tasty Kitchen. {I love this site because you can change the serving size for the amount of people so you don't over buy on product. It's great for money saving.}


The dumplings are one of our favorite things to eat and are super easy to make. This was my first time making them so there are definitely quite a few techniques I would do differently. They were a huge hit though, and I had enough filling leftover for snacks on game day!

For our main meal, I served Orange Beer Chicken with Bacon & Garlicky Green Beans and some Parmesan Risotto. {Again, all these recipes can be found on Tasty Kitchen.}


The chicken was delicious. I accidentally used too much beer, but that's okay because it still tasted good. Risotto is one of our favorite things to eat as well, and this was good. I adapted the recipe from a cauliflower risotto I found on Tasty Kitchen. It wasn't setting right so I added extra cream; I won't do that next time though. It was really thick. And...the green beans. Oh...the greens beans were divine. They were perfect. Even Mr. GrapeJuice ate some! {mostly because I made him do it but who's keeping track?}

And, for our dessert, I made the first dessert I ever made Mr. GrapeJuice - Shortbread Tarts with Cream Cheese filling topped with Kiwi. {This recipe can be found on Joy of Baking.}


Super quick and easy. It was the first thing I made because it needs to set for a bit in the fridge, and they turned out fantastic! I love love love shortbread so picking this dessert was a no brainer for me.

After typing all this up, I really want to eat it all again. I may or may not be salivating while I recall all the yummy flavors and textures. Hmmm...I feel another three course meal coming on.

Have you ever made a three course meal or just dinner in general for your significant other? What's your favorite thing to make???

No comments:

Post a Comment