Wednesday, October 16, 2013

W.I.R.W. #18

It's hump day!
That means it's time for another installment of praying that I actually make my goal of reading 50+ books this year.

Today, I'm telling you about book number 30 - The Returned by Jason Mott.

source :: goodreads

Now, I haven't finished to story so I can't tell you how I feel about the ending, but the story line so far is engaging and intriguing. This novel is about those who have died being returned to their loved ones years later. The main plot revolves around a couple whose eight year old son suddenly dies during his eighth birthday party. He's returned to his parents some fifty odd years later, and they have cope with that somehow.

The beauty of Jason Mott's writing is that he doesn't just tell the one story of Jacob and his return. He also weaves in and tells you the stories of other people around the world that are dealing with the same phenomenon. It's a very interesting concept, and I can't wait to see how the story unfolds.

How do you cope with someone returning to you that you once thought was lost forever?
Would you want to know the person was back at all?
Would you want to meet him or her?

I'll let you know what I think once I finish this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment