Friday, October 18, 2013

Press Pause

source :: pinterest

Do you ever have those moments where you think, "I really wish I could press pause"? You know the one's I'm talking about. The magical ones that you wish would never end?

source :: we heart it

Luckily, the camera exists. I feel like every time I take a picture I'm saving that moment forever. I can look back and enjoy the memory over and over again. I can share it with other people and tell them all about that fun time I had. I can save it and show it to the future generations that pop into my life. I mean, didn't you ever look at pictures of your parents in high school and college? I'm sure you got a lot of good stories as you flipped through the photographs too!

source :: pinterest

Then, oh then, there are the moments I wish I could press pause and let my brain think up a response a little longer. It's so hard for me to think of the right thing to say and how to communicate it effectively in a few moments. I need time!!! When I would have conferences with the parents of my students, I would panic about what was the right thing to say without making them upset with me thus rendering the meeting completely ineffective. I'm pretty sure I would say the same five phrases over and over again. I got better as the years went on, but I know that I'm much better with writing/typing words than I am with speaking them. I don't claim to be an awesome off the cuff speaker, but I can be quite good at delivering well-prepared speeches. The hard works already been done, and I know how to command a room. Well, at least I pretend I do.


Let me know what your favorite "paused" moments are. Here are a few of mine!













I could go on and on forever sharing pictures and memories with you all, but I'll spare you the mush. =] Happy Friday! And, have a wonderful fall-filled weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment