Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Let's Take a Look Back

Wow...I started this blog back in September 2011. 
It's two years old!!!! 
How did I miss that???
Well, you can read my first post - here.

Go ahead.
I'll wait...

I can't believe how fast time flies!
It seems like only yesterday I was putting this little blog together because I wasn't happy with my other blog.
I have to say, this one hasn't let me down yet!

About a month after my first post, I wrote this - a list of all the things I wanted to start doing in my life.
Let's recap & see where I am two years later.

1. join a gym & start getting healthy: well...we joined a gym for a little bit, but we didn't like that particular one. now, we're in the talks of joining a different one. we have definitely changed our lifestyle and have started trying to be more health conscience. in 2013 alone so far, we've run 2 half marathons and 3 5ks. i'd say that's a pretty good start.


2. get my passport changed to my married name: done! not sure when i did it, but it is done!!

3. get a kitten: done! he used to be itty bitty.


but now he's much bigger, and i call him my fat cat.


4. celebrate my class with fun activities: i like to think i did this with my class. i'm not teaching anymore so i don't have to stress about it too much. but we always had a great time in school!

5. work hard: ugh. i did this and all it did was burn me out. i thought working harder than i already was would help me get through the school year without complaints. wrong-o! i had no time for friends or family and was always unhappy. i work hard in my current job as a "librarian," but i take time for me too and don't let myself get overwhelmed.

6. keep a food journal {don't count calories}: i keep a food journal AND count calories. i used to not be able to count calories because food would lose all taste and purpose to me. now that i'm about five years older, it doesn't have the same effect. i am currently able to count how many calories i have everyday while still enjoying delicious food. it's all about finding the right balance!

7. go to the gym at least 3 times a week: well, since i'm currently not a member of a gym, i can't do this. however, i do workout every day and run at least 3 times a week. the gym will come soon!

8. read a good book...or twenty: done! my goal for this year is to read 50+. i'm a little over halfway there. you can read about all the ones i've read this year on my weekly posts - What I'm Reading Wednesdays.

9. do/make something...for me: done! in several different ways.


10. love my husband: i hope i have!!


No comments:

Post a Comment