Monday, October 21, 2013

Music & Memory & Magic

Since I was a little girl, I have always loved music and performing. I have heard numerous stories about myself performing a song and then demanding everyone clap for me. I was like three or four at the time so it was much more cute than annoying. I mean, I had a microphone and everything!

{this is a little bit later in life though, obvs}

Suffice it to say, music has always been a big part of my life. It's gotten me through some tough times and propelled me through great times. There will always be songs that flood me with memories.

source :: the sunset sessions via tumblr

For instance, I cannot listen to Avril Lavigne's debut album Let Go without thinking of Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre. The summer I read the book for school I constantly listened to the CD on repeat. There are definitely certain tracks that vividly remind me of specific moments in the book.

source :: love this pic

Then, there are the songs that remind me of different moments in my life. The other day Bruno Mars' "Just the Way You Are" came on the radio, and I was instantly transported back to my wedding. Mr. GrapeJuice and I used this as our transition song for the lighting of the unity candle.


Are there any songs that specifically remind you of special moments in your life? I would love to hear about it!

source :: imgfave via tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment