Friday, June 14, 2013

Country Music Half Marathon

Back in April, the mister and I ran the Country Music Half Marathon. Well, I say ran, but I walked up all the hills. I was so heavy from all the rain!

From the moment we arrived at the race to the moment we left, all it did was rain. The night before the race, I googled what to do when you're going to run in the rain. I did not want to be caught off guard. But, when we got to the corral Saturday morning, I was still timid about the whole experience.

While we waited for the race to start, we killed time waiting under awnings and in Panera. We tried to stay warm as much as possible. I even wore a jacket! Once I got wet though, there was no turning back. If the sun had been out, I don't think I would have minded as much, but it wasn't out so it was cold! At one point while we were waiting, I told my husband that if he hadn't bought our entry into the race for my birthday we probably would have left because I was so miserable! On our way up to the start line, someone was passing out garbage bags, and I grabbed one of them quickly!!

But, we did it, and I was so glad and proud of us afterwards. We even beat our previous half marathon time from the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February. We ran the half marathon in 2 hours and 51 minutes, which is about 6 minutes better than our previous time!

Also, I obviously had to buy pictures as photographic evidence that I ran said half marathon as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment