Wednesday, June 19, 2013

W.I.R.W. #10

Last week, I updated you on my progress. I was only 10 books into my 50+ book goal for the year.
Well, I am happy to report that I have read 3 books in the past week!

The Prince

This book goes along with The Selection series.
If you haven't explored these books yet you should, especially if you liked The Hunger Games.
This book is all about the prince's point of view about what is happening to him.
It was an interesting and quick read. I enjoyed getting to see things from his perspective.

The Elite

This is the second book in The Selection series.
If it tells you anything about the book, I finished it in less than 24 hours.
Basically, I devoured it.
It was a great book, and I wondered how in the world the book was going to progress without giving away the ending because there's a third book coming.
I was pleasantly surprised with the plot development and found myself just as conflicted as the character about the choices she had.
Now...I have to wait another whole year for the last book to come out.
Ugh, that's the only downfall of reading a series.

Etiquette for the End of the World

"Bridget Jones for the New Millennium?"
I think not!
The main character is not nearly as humorous nor does she find herself in such comical situations as Bridget does.
I knew what was going to happen because it was very plain to see, and I had to force myself to get through the book. I was hoping this was going to be a quick summer read, but I was seriously wrong.
Unless you want to be very disappointed, don't pick up the book.

In the meantime, I've got two more books on the burner to read in the coming week.
I will meet my reading goal for the year.
Just you wait and see!!

Stay tuned next week to see what I've been reading, but while you wait, tell me what you are reading!
I look forward to your suggestions.

source {for all} :: goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment