Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What'd You Say?!


I saw this partial article on BuzzFeed {one of my newest addictions}, and then found that someone else {Lisette} blogged about it with a link up.

So, here's my two cents on the matter!

I say:

 "car-ml;" not "carra-mel."

"been" with a short e sound

"cray-awn;" not "cray-ahn," "cran," or "crown"

"loyer;" not "law-yer"

"you guys" or "you all;" never "y'all"

"pajamas" as in "father"

"pick-AHN"

soda, not pop or coke

roundabout not traffic circle

tennis shoes; not gymshoes or sneakers

interstate; not freeway or highway

Mary and marry as the same; merry is different though

ant not ah-nt

"cauliflower" with a short i sound

at the store, it's a buggy not a shopping cart


There are many more, but I didn't want to bore you with all 122!
Do you say some of these words the same way or differently?
My husband, being from the north, often says things way different for me.
It provides endless entertainment for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment