Wednesday, June 26, 2013

W.I.R.W. #11


Alrighty, folks!
I'm slowly but surely catching up to my goal of reading 50+ books within the calendar year.
With the way I'm reading this summer, I might just surpass it, but that all depends on if I get a job!
Right now, I'm in limbo - cleaning my house, applying for jobs, and reading books.
But, here's what I've read in the past week.

Honeymoon for One
 I got this book through the Kindle Daily Deals series. I get a lot of good books that way.
I pushed myself through Etiquette for the End of the World knowing that this delightful read would be on the other side. 
This book was a great pool/beach read that flew by quickly. I probably would have finished it quicker if not for the fact that I left my Kindle at home one day when I went to the pool.
I was a sad girl that day and had to start a different book {The Bachelor}, and I absolutely hate starting another book while in the middle of one because then I get all the characters confused.
If you're looking for a quick, easy read out by the pool or at the beach, I recommend this one.
Murder on a tropical island. Best friend mishaps. A sea turtle named Fred. Who wouldn't want to read about that?

The Bachelor
 
 As I mentioned above, I found myself reading this book at my parents' pool because I had left my Kindle at home. This was one of the only books my mom still has at her house because she gets all her books by Kindle too.
I did really enjoy this book though. I liked the development of the characters, but it moved a little quick for my taste. At times, I found it a bit impractical but still fun to read nonetheless.
It too is an easy read out by the pool or at the beach.

A Wife by Accident
I bought this book as a desperate attempt to read something quickly.
I was at my parents' pool again {notice a theme?} and needed a book to read because I was fresh out.This was a book that I had gotten a sample of on my Kindle who knows when.I figured, try it out, and if you like it, buy the rest of the book.
I'm not sure if it was worth the $3 price tag, but I enjoyed the quick read. I finished it in a matter of hours, actually.This would be another one if you wanted to take your mind off of your life for a little while.
 
15 books down; 35 more to go!

source :: kindle & goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment