Monday, September 30, 2013

Blogtember {day twenty}


Believe it or not...it's the last day of September AND the last day of Blogtember. 
I can't believe it!
This month went by waaaaaaay toooooooo fast.
Don't ya think?

Here's the last prompt:
Share a photo of something old. Maybe something that a personal history for you, that was passed down to you, and that has special meaning to you. Tell us about it and why it's special.


When I first read the prompt about sharing something old, I immediately thought about my wedding and the something old that I had. Well, I really had two something old's, but I'm going to focus on the oldest of the two - the handkerchief.

For my wedding - and I think my sister's wedding too, we wrapped it around our floral stems. This handkerchief has been used in every wedding since my grandmother has gotten married. And, if I'm not mistaken, it was made with my great grandmother's dress. Well, at any rate, it's so special and important because it has a piece of all our dresses on it. There's different laces and a pearl. It's so pretty and lovely. It's like carrying your ancestor's and their successful loves/relationships along with you as you take that path. I can't wait for this to get passed down the line even more!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I know it went quick. You had a pretty bouquet for your wedding. I almost used my gown but it is put up and hard to get too.

    Mary-andering Creatively

    Mary-andering Among the Pages

    ReplyDelete