Thursday, July 18, 2013

Love at First Sight

Do you believe in it?
That moment when you lock eyes with someone and everything stops?


I do!

 I was in college when I experienced the love at first sight miracle.
I would like to say that it was with my husband, but it wasn't.
 I actually don't even know who it was.

Here's what happened...
I was a student ambassador for my college, and I was in the middle of a tour.
We had just finished up our tour in the coffee shop, and we were walking past the counter.
There, ordering something, was a guy.
I watched his back as we walked past. 
He was wearing sweat pants, a t-shirt, and red baseball cap because it was "early."
{It was literally like 9am, but sometimes I like to pretend he wasn't dressed like a bum.}
As I opened the door to leave the coffee shop, I turned back to take one last look, and our eyes met.
I can still remember to this day how my breath caught in my throat and how the whole world started moving in slow motion. It was like they were swimming jello as we looked at each other.
I had tunnel vision too. All I could see was him.
I vaguely remember walking backwards and trying to make the moment last forever.
We smiled at each other and then, just as quickly as it had started, it was over.
 I made a beeline for the coffee shop after finishing my tour, but he wasn't there.
I never found out who he was, and I kind of like it that way.
It makes it more magical, I think.

Have you ever had a moment like that?
Was it with your significant other?
Or a random stranger, like me?

sources :: fellinoh {tumblr}

1 comment: