Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The GloRun

About a week ago, Mr. GrapeJuice and I did The GloRun. I have been wanting to do an electric run for some time now, and we found out this one was coming the day we did The Color Run. My only hesitation was that I am terrible at late runs, but I sucked it up and registered us anyway.


Well, my fears were confirmed. I did not run well. Not only was I slow, but it was so humid running down by the river at night I could barely breathe. If I had wanted, I probably could have drank the humidity. And, I was definitely not glistening; I was full blown sweating like a sinner in church!

One good thing came out of this thought, I found out that I can skip faster than I can run at night. It was the last 1/2 mile, and I was done. So, I took to skipping to wake up my leg muscles. It worked, and I was able to finish the silly run.

Mr. GrapeJuice and I were a little disappointed in the race. It definitely was not as much fun as The Color Run. It seemed kind of dead to me, like everyone was just trying to finish and go home.

And, side note to the DJ: Remember what city you're in next time. Nashville is not Memphis. Thanks for trying though!

No comments:

Post a Comment